Have you been thinking about starting your own private practice, but don’t know where to begin? Perhaps you have ideas or a vision for your current practice but don’t know how to pull it all together?. Or, are you trying to level up and are experiencing some growing pains. If you answered yes to any of these questions, I would love to help you.
I would love to see people win! Even better, I love to support people on their journey to success. Please take some time to review how I can best support you.
I Will Help Therapists and Group Practices:
- Create a clear vision for their practice.
- Work through growing pains and challenges that are blocking their success.
- Build and grow a group practice.
- Develop their “big idea” and build multiple streams of income.
- Understand how systemic racism affects their clients and their community, while also providing tools to work against those issues.
- Use storytelling to enhance their branding, social media and presentations.
I Help Therapists Actively Build Inclusive and Anti-Racist Practices
It is possible that many of the systems that you have worked in were not inclusive of diverse voices and built upon issues of systemic racism.
“Many therapists are taught that their office should remain neutral on social issues and void of their personal views. But, when ignoring the deeper issues hurt the client, there needs to be change.”
If you want to make a change, you can’t continue to do work that harms those that you want to serve. The things that seem “normal” can also be the same things that hinder growth and healing for your clients, as well as the amount of new clients that your practice can reach.
My Approach to Consulting
Bringing out the best you. Sometimes we can’t move forward because we are weighed down by the “what-ifs” and our own fears. You have strengths and certain areas that you thrive in. I’ll help you to clearly identify them and how they can be used to help you achieve your vision. We’ll get creative, think BIG and move strategically.
Still unsure of why you’ll need my help? Here are some common reasons why you may seek my One-on-One Consulting service:
- You are ready to start your practice, but need guidance in doing so.
- You feel lost in your own practice.
- You were growing, business was booming, but now you’ve hit a plateau.
- You have lost some confidence in yourself, your vision and you want to regain the courage and focus to build a thriving practice.
- Your business is running smoothly and now you want to work on your “big idea.”
- You want to enhance your presentations and social media posts with storytelling.
Consulting for Group Practices
For those wanting to start or grow their own group practices.
Are you thinking about moving from solo to group practice? Or have you grown already but feeling really overwhelmed with everything a group practice demands of you – and your time? Do you feel like you’re being pulled in all different directions? Worrying about everything from marketing, hiring clinicians, answering calls and worrying about taxes?
I completely get it. Owning your very own group practice – and making a success out of it – is right up there when it comes to the list of life’s most stressful events. I’m here to help you make the stress and overwhelming feelings temporary. I know how to grow and run a group practice that is inclusive and anti-racist.
In my consulting sessions, these are the types of Group Practice issues I’ll address, along with the business and operational side of things:
- Analysis of the culture of the practice – to include the personal perspective of the therapists and practice norms.
- Community demographics, marketing and branding strategies.
- Healthy ways to build rapport and retain clients who are of a different race and culture.
- How to engage and best support team members and peers who are of a different race and culture.
- How to be intentional and consistent in work towards inclusion and anti-racism.
For those who want individual consulting calls.
If you’re still unsure about what you need don’t worry, lets setup a call and come up with a plan that works best for you. I offer individual consulting calls and I’m always willing to assist you in growing your practice whether it be solo, online, or a group practice. Whatever your vision, let’s bring it to life.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor and I own a group practice in Fort Worth, Texas. Over the years, I have experienced the joy of being in diverse and inclusive settings. I have also experienced the pain and frustration of my muted voice in environments that were insensitive towards issues of race as well as the systemic structures that did more harm than good. I enjoy supporting and building others and I am looking forward to working with you.
Work with LaToya
Check out the following If you’d like to listen to my podcast episodes or videos where I speak about race in private practice:
Black Leaders Matter Series – What White Therapists Need To Know – https://backup.practiceofthepractice.com/BLMseries1
Telling Your Story & Diversity In Private Practice – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-practice-of-therapy-podcast-with-gordon-brewer/id1275168851?i=1000491183395
Video: Can You Hear Us? A Storytelling Event & Discussion from the Experience of Black Therapists
PDF Guide: Guide: How We Can Push Forward Together. https://backup.practiceofthepractice.com/pushforward